Project “Social and cultural factors of corruption and a concept of anti-corruption culture forming in Kazakhstan society” for the grant financing on research and(or) research-technical projects for 2020-2022 and implementation period 27 months (MES RK).
Project leader: Candidate of Economics, associated Professor Panzabekova A.Zh.
Topicality. The contemporary research paradigm studies corruption in view of legal economic, psychological, institutional factors considering them separately and in reference to each other. Recently, there are active discussions regarding the role of social and cultural factors that include the variety and informal institutes related to values and behavioral settings adopted by definite society and slowly changing with time. Investigation of social bases of corruption in Kazakhstan society and forming of the integrated system of knowledge as an instrument to change the public consciousness and behavior of citizens will favor the elaboration of mechanisms on activating the civil society as a social resource to enhance the effectiveness of the national anti-corruption policy.
Project goal – elaboration of anti-corruption culture concept forming in Kazakhstan society basing on the analysis and assessment of social and cultural factors of corruption.
Expected results: basing on the analysis and estimation of social and cultural factors of corruption, a concept of anticorruption culture forming in Kazakhstan society will be elaborated.
The main theoretical approaches to the investigation of the corruption were systematized; the influence of social and cultural factors on the corruption development was investigated; the main approaches to measurement and estimation of the corruption were analyzed; the criteria of social institutes effectiveness in fight against corruption were determined.
The results of the research can be used to study different mechanisms of all anti-corruption policy subjects’ interaction directed on the activation of social institutes to fight the corruption. Proposals and recommendations on forming of the anti-corruption culture can be used in the practical activity of the national authorities, public associations while developing concrete mechanisms for corruption countering, preparation of regulation documents on the issues of activation of the anti-corruption potential of civil society.
The institutional prerequisites, conditions, and factors of the corruption distribution in Kazakhstan society were revealed; the social and cultural factors of corruption in the contemporary Kazakhstan society were assessed; the indicators of the public understanding of the corruption threat and its consequences for the contemporary Kazakhstan society were determined; strengths and weaknesses of anti-corruption institutes were grounded as well as the determining role of the social institutes of corruption countering in Kazakhstan society.
The conclusions obtained in the result of the project implementation will allow assessing the contemporary state and level of the problem status on social and cultural factors effect on the corruption in different countries of the world and in Kazakhstan. The results of the research can be used while elaborating anticorruption strategy by corresponding authorities and public organizations.
Research team members:
Panzabekova Aksana Zhakitzhanovna – Project leader, Candidte of Economics, Associated Professor, chief research scientist of the Institute of Economics CS MES RK
WOS Researcher ID: N-8052-2017
Scopus Author ID: 56107145200
RSCI Author ID: 878539
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6389-9637
Satybaldin Azimkhan Abylkayirovich – chief research scientist, Doctor of Economics, Professor, academician of NAS RK
WOS Researcher ID: AAP-7842-2020
Scopus Author ID: 57204163982
RSCI AuthorID: 932715
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7421-4472
Turgel Irina Dmitriyevna – foreign scientist, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Director of the School of Economics and Management, Head of the Chair for Methodology and Legal support of the State and Municipal Management, IEM, Ural Federal University.
WOS Researcher ID: AAH-6076-2020
Scopus Author ID: 6505743576
RSCI Author ID: 455545
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-8647-7739
Rezer Tatyana Mikhailovna – foreign scientist, Doctor of Eductaion, Professor of the Chair for Theory, Methodology and Legal support of the State and Municipal Management, IEM, Ural Federal University.
WOS Researcher ID: R-1801-2016
Scopus Author ID: 57215964054, h-index 1
RSCI Author ID: 420086
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4793-9918
Khalitova Madina Muratovna – chief research scientist, Doctor of Economics, Associated Professor
Scopus Author ID: 56107453700
RSCI AuthorID: 947289
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9564-5503
Ruzanov Rashid Muratbekovich – Candidate of Economics, leading research scientist
Scopus Author ID: 57205545708
WOS Researcher ID: O-7099-2017
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-4913-3886
Zhanbozova Aksayule Bolatkhanovna – research scientist, PhD student
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7143-5680
Imangaly Zhansaya Gabidenkyzy – research scientist, Master
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7886-048X
Deegel Ivan Yevgenyevich – research scientist, Master
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2584-9919
Publication of the main research results by the project participants in the national and international journals
- Satybaldin A., Ruzanov R. Mechanisms of information-communication technologies application in the corruption countering process// Wschodnioeuropejskie Czasopismo Naukowe (East European Scientific Journal). – 2020. – # 10(62). – P. 15-22 (RSCI).
- Zhanbozova A. Psychological aspects of the corruption countering // Slovak international scientific journal. – 2020. – # 46. – P.70-73 (Global Impact Factor)
- Rezer T.M. History of corruption and social values // Public/private in modern civilization: proceedings of XXII Russian research-practical conference with foreign attendance (Yekaterinburg, April 16-17, 2020) / edited by L.A. Zaks [and other]. – Yekaterinburg: Humanities University, 2020. – P.551-556. – DOI 10.35853/UfH-Public/Private-2020-75.
- Rezer T.M. Social values of students under the digitalization of education and COVID-19 // Integration of education. – 2021. – V. 25, #2. – P. 8–21, https://doi.org/10.15507/1991-9468.103.025.202102.008-021 (Scopus, CiteScore 1.3, Q)
- Deegel I.Ye., Imangaly Zh.G., Borisova Ye.I. Analysis of the interrelation between the level of corruption, economic growth and population life quality (by example of some countries) // Economics: strategy and practice. – 2021. – #2, pp. 178-187, https://doi.org/10.51176/1997-9967-2021-2-178-187 (CCES MES RK)
- Panzabekova A.Zh., Turgel I.D., Zhanbozova A.B. Measurement of institutional medium of corruption in Kazakhstan on the base of international index // Adam Alemi. – 2021. #2(317), pp.66-78, https://doi.org/10.48010/2021.2/1999-5849.07 (СCCES MES RK) )
- Ryuzanov R.M., Rezer T.M., Zhandosova Sh.M. Approaches to corruption investigation in the context of interdisciplinary discourse // Adam Alemi. – 2021. No. 2 (317), pp.52-65, https://doi.org/10.48010/2021.2/1999-5849.06 (CCES MES RK)
- Ruzanov R.M., Zharlygassinov T.M. Corruption in the healthcare sector during the COVID-19 pandemic: causes, consequences and responses // Economics: strategy and practice. – 2021. – # 3. – Pp.217-225, https://doi.org/10.51176/1997-9967-2021-3-217-226 (CCES MES RK)
- A.Satybaldyn, T.M. Rezer, A.Zh.Panzabekova. The comparative analysis of approaches to evaluation of value-based orientations for sociological investigations in the field of corruption// Adam Alemi. – 2021. – #3 (318). – pp.92-99, https://doi.org/10.48010/2021.3/1999-5849.08 (CCES MES RK)
- Satybaldin A.A., Khalitova M.M. Analysis of the main anticorruption institutes and revealing of its weak and strong sides // “Turan” University Bulletin. – 2021. – #4 (in print CCES MES RK).
- Panzabekova A.Zh., Zhanbozova A.B. Factor analysis of social and cultural grounds for corruption in Kazakhstan / Collection of the Conference “Life quality: social and economic priorities and the main growth trends of the population social welfare” / Edited by the academician of NAS RK, Satybaldin A.A. – Almaty: Institute of Economics CS MES RK, 2021. – 389 p. (pp.74-82)
- Ruzanov R.M., Dosmanbetova M.S. Corruption as one of the key problems for life quality improving / Collection of the Conference “Life quality: social and economic priorities and the main growth trends of the population social welfare” / Edited by the academician of NAS RK, Satybaldin A.A. – Almaty: Institute of Economics CS MES RK, 2021. – 389 p. (pp. 90-96)
- Zhanbozova A.B. Ways of raising anti-corruption legal consciousness of Kazakhstanis // Materials of the I International research-practical Conference «Science and Knowledge of XXI century”. Nur-Sultan. – 2021. – 92 p. (pp.13 – 15).